Network Solutions Web Hosting Review & Summary
Network Solutions Web Hosting company has been in business since 1979. With a mission to help small businesses start and market their company via the internet, this long-established company currently manages more than 7 million domains as well as over 350,000 websites. Network Solutions offers many web-related services that are geared towards both helping those that are brand new to the web hosting field and thus may need a lot of guidance, as well as providing all the necessary tools to help those who are considered to be more experienced when it comes to launching a website to promote their small business.
Network Solutions states that since they used to be a small business they tend to better understand the needs of the small business owner and are thus able to offer the most pertinent ideas and solutions that can help any small business reach its full potential.
Product Description and Different Plans Offered
Network Solutions has 3 different pricing plans.
nsHosting Shared Small. Designed for small business owners who are looking for simplicity.
- Disk Space - 300GB
- Data Transfer - 3000GB
- Email Storage - 1GB
- FTP Accounts - 25
- Disk Space - 500GB
- Data Transfer - 5000GB
- Email Storage - 1GB
- FTP Accounts - 50
- Disk Space - Unlimited
- Data Transfer - Unlimited
- Email Storage - 1GB
- FTP Accounts - Unlimited
Network Solutions offers a 30-day money back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied with any ecommerce solutions that you have bought. There are some stipulations, so be sure to read the fine print when it comes to asking for a refund.
*Free domain name comes with a minimum one-year purchase.
Network Solutions Features rating:
Network Solutions Web Hosting offers a variety of features that can help make your particular website be all that you've envisioned.
Website Management Tools
Network Solutions offers a Website Builder Tool, which takes you through the process of setting up and launching your website. This is a really great feature for those who are new to the process of launching a website as it takes you through the few basic steps needed to get your website up and running. A 1-click wordpress install is also available. Additional tools include Open Source Library, Counter, Form-Mail Scripts, EZPolss, Guestbook, Message Boards, FileManager, and Backup % Restore.
Website Development Features.
CGI-Bin Directory, SSI, and Perl.
Application and Database Features.
Real Audio/Video Stream, Automatic Database Backup, and Windows Media Streaming.
Web Hosting add-ons, such as an SSL Certificate and Website Monitoring services, are offered at an additional price.
Network Solutions Reliability/Performance rating:
The majority of web hosting companies claim to have a 99.99% uptime guarantee, which means that the chance of your website experiencing any downtime is 0.01%,which is a pretty impressive percentage! Network Solutions is one of the web hosting companies that makes this claim as they want your website hosting experience to be a trouble-free one. Unfortunately, there are a multitude of customer complaints that question the reliability of Network Solutions 99.99% Unix® uptime guarantee, stating that their website(s) not only experienced a large amount of downtime, but that they had problems dealing with customer service in order to find out and fix the problem.
Network Solutions Ease of set up and use rating:
Choosing and paying for a plan is simple, and once completed you are taken to the log in page so you can access the Account Manager page. The Account Manager page is set up in such a way that makes it easy to view and understand, which is a nice change from some of the other web hosting companies that tend to throw all of the available options into one page making it appear somewhat overwhelming to those that are new to the web hosting arena.
Organized by tabs, the 'My Products and Services' page shows up first and allows you to easily see/access your domain names, hosting packages, and/or email services. Other tabs include Account Settings, Billing & Payments, Special Offers, and Renewal Center. Placing these account options into easy-to-access sections makes managing your web hosting count easy!
Networks Solutions has a set of Website Builder Tools that takes you through the necessary steps to launch your website. Simply choose and customize the website layout and then choose the pages you would like to add to your website. The last step allows you to describe your website so that the search engines can start crawling through to analyze your specific website in order to determine what it's all about. 1-click wordpress install is also an option.
The option to choose a domain name at a later time is given, which is nice for those who have not chosen their domain name yet.
Network Solutions Customer Service/Tech Support rating:
Customers are able to visit the Online Support Center in order to view all available customer service options. Network Solutions offers the following customer support options - online guides, forums, phone, and support ticket creation. Although links to instigate a live chat session are not available on all pages, it is an available option for those who are not sure about some of Network Solutions products and thus require more detailed information. A search box makes it easy to search for specific information.
Standard Customer Support. Call their 1-800 number, or open a support ticket. There are at least 4 different numbers to call depending on the topic, so it's a good idea to visit the Contact Us page that shows the various departments with their specific number listed. If your question or issue isn't urgent, you can choose to fill out the support ticket and someone will get back to you within a 24-hour period.
MyTime Support. Starting at $59.99, this service allows you to schedule an appointment (30 or 60 minutes) in order to get dedicated assistance from experienced professionals.
The fact that Network Solutions asks their customers to give them feedback about their Account Manager tells us that they really want to know what their customers think. This may be due to the many complaints Network Solutions has received about their customer service - too long of a wait, making multiple calls to fix the same problem, representatives not understanding the client's needs, as well as difficulty understanding the representative's. Hopefully, they are using this valuable information to take action and give customers what they want and/or need.
Although there have been many complaints about Network Solutions customer service, know that this web hosting company is the proud recipient of an award for providing their clients with "An Outstanding Customer Service Experience".
Network Solutions Value rating:
The value of Network Solutions Web Hosting services are good when compared to other web hosting companies. Although their prices are a little higher than most, there are often discounts and/or coupon offers available that will save you money off of their regular web hosting pricing plans.
Most of the features offered by Network Solutions are standard, and are to be expected when one chooses a web hosting company. The Account Manager is a nice touch though, and allows the user to keep everything organized in an easy to understand order, which is a real benefit to those who are new to the web hosting world.
Strength and Weaknesses
Strengths. Network Solutions definitely shows strength in their ability to provide the small business owner everything needed to set up and launch their website as there are lots of How To's, videos, user guides, and forums/blogs to access. Combine all this information along with the help that the customer support center provides, and it can be said that Network Solutions truly gives you all the information needed to successfully launch a small business website.
Weaknesses. Although Network Solutions guarantees a 99.99% uptime, there are a number of customers that state this is simply not the case as they have personally experienced more than their fair share of having their website down.
Network Solutions Recommendation rating:
Overall, Network Solutions Web Hosting has proven that they are indeed an asset to the small-to-medium business owners that are looking to launch a website. Whether you are just starting out in the web hosting world or already know the ropes, Network Solutions has what you need in order to successfully set up and launch your small business website.
If you have a small business and are looking for a well-established web hosting company to take care of your web hosting needs, Network Solutions is definitely worth the time looking into as they know what it takes to get your website noticed.